How a 26 Year Old Serial Entrepreneur Started a SaaS Company and Sold it For 7 Figures at the Age of 30 with Dave Schneider #6912/17/2020
How to Scale your Startup from a Small Team To Over 2500 Employees with Rossel Sabourin | #71 SaaS Podcast12/24/2020
Immad Akhund is the co-founder and CEO of Mercury, a bank for startups, engineered in Silicon Valley and aimed for tech companies to help them succeed.
Immad & Mercury had raised over $25 million from investors like Andreessen Horowitz and Charles River Ventures.
Prior to launching Mercury, he co-founded HeyZap which was acquired for $45 million by Fyber.
During this interview we cover:
- 00:00 A word From The Sponsor
- 01:02 Intro
- 01:58 Immad’s Background, Launching & Exiting HeyZap & $45MM Acquisition
- 04:21 What Drove the Success of HeyZap & How Was the Process of Acquisition & Eventual Exit
- 06:12 How Exiting his Company Changed Immad’s Life & Focusing in a New Market
- 09:37 Why Did Immad Decided to Focus on a Bank for Startups
- 12:44 Main Factors or Value Propositions of Mercury that Makes it Suitable, Targeted & Competitive
- 14:29 How Mercury Deliver Meaningful & Personalized Experiences
- 16:53 Is Mercury for Everyone, Old and New Entrepreneurs?
- 18:15 Best Growth & User Acquisition Strategy for Mercury
- 24:09 Innovations being Leveraged to Optimize the Existing Procedures & Processes for Maximum Efficiency in Mercury
- 26:26 How Mercury Raise Get Your Seed Round In Front Of Top Investors
- 31:31 Advice you Wish you Had Known & would Tell your 25 year old self
- 35:18 Biggest Challenges Mercury’s Currently Facing
- 37:27 Top Resources Instrumental for Immad’s Success
- 39:57 What does success mean to Immad Today?
- 41:06 Future for Mercury, Immad & Where to Get in Touch
Get In Touch With Immad:
- Immad’s Linkedin
- @Immad on Twitter
Tag us & follow:
More about Akeel: